The Perfect Academic Assistant Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
The school of professional practice for lawyers, we deliver practice-focussed legal education and training innovatively to enhance the careers of practising professionals across Australasia. Graduates of all law schools in Australia and New Zealand come to the College to undertake a comprehensive practical legal training program, leading to admission into the profession.
About the role:
A vital member of the team, you will be responsible for providing a range of high-quality administrative services and support to the Chief Academic Officer, Executive Director Pre-Admission Program, Assistant Directors and the broader business unit to drive efficiencies in support of strategic goals.
- Ongoing management and maintenance of 'external stakeholder' databases to ensure up to date, high quality and relevant information are accessible at all times.
- Creating and maintaining information packs for universities, regulators and cooperative firms.
- Assisting in the development of high-quality presentations using PowerPoint or other software programs.
- Creating the annual education program and schedule, including tracking attendance and arranging presentations, conferences and lecturers' meetings.
- Developing and managing the lecturer attendance schedule, including scheduling lecturers to attend career fairs, university visits, law student societies.
- Ensuring lecturers have all relevant information and documentation, travel details before their travel.
- Arranging and scheduling internal and external meetings, including agenda's, room bookings, catering, and AV equipment.
- Finalising and formating various documents using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attending conferences and documenting action items and follow up completion.
- Actioning all travel requests for the business unit.
- Participating in ongoing process improvement to create and drive ongoing efficiencies, including developing filing systems, databases, procedures and policies.
- Keeping intranet pages up to date with relevant, high-quality information.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Heads of Departments and providing assistance to a broader team
- Demonstrated experience in implementing processes and procedures, including documentation and user education
- Demonstrated ability to manage own and other's workloads
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Strong diary management skills
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office, PowerPoint, CRM's and databases
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to influence and negotiate change, work with people of varying backgrounds, and contribute to a cohesive team environment are expected.
- Knowledge of the legal or other professional services industry would be highly regarded.
What we can offer:
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.