The Perfect Account Payable Officer Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
A unique legal practice, we are lawyers of choice in the construction, property and insurance industries, including maintaining a strong presence in the areas of employment, safety, banking/finance, corporate/commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Together we believe in what we do and are here to make a difference. This applies to the solutions we create for our clients, the contribution we make to our communities and the careers we build for our people.
Our values of balance, respect, loyalty and integrity underpin everything we do and our culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work-life balance. As such, we are committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. This includes continually investing in learning and development opportunities and a formal mentoring program. We also offer other benefits such as complimentary massages, health and fitness perks, rewards and recognition programs, and professional memberships.
We don’t just recognise our role as a corporate citizen, we put words into actions, thereby successfully bringing together our entire community within three streams; pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions. To ensure maximum impact, the core strategy of our foundation is to promote and protect the rights of women and children and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Reviewing, verifying, sorting, coding and matching invoices (legal trade creditors)
- Setting invoices up for payment
- Entering and uploading invoices into system
- Preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments
- Preparing and performing payment runs
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions in SAP
- Monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies and issues
- Corresponding with vendors and respond to enquiries, including maintaining their files
- Assisting with month end closing processes
- Creating supporting documentation and assisting with the annual audits
- Uploading documents into the accounting system
- Monitoring and authorising out of pocket (OOP) expenses in the system management program (Serko), including uploading them to the accounting system and providing payment each week
- Reporting on outstanding credit card submissions and reminders
- Assisting credit card holders with top up requests
- Maintaining petty cash registers, including issuing, reconciling and topping up cash as required
- Managing, recording and reconciling Cabcharge and Uber charges and following up descriptions/purpose for travel
- Handling and preparation of any office cheques
- Assisting with the preparation and recording of trust cheques as required
- Monitoring and responding to the Accounts Payable inbox
- Working with the Credit team to arrange refunds
- Ad hoc projects & backup support as directed by the Financial Controller
- Experienced in working as an Accounts Payable Officer in a similar professional services or suitably corporate environment
- Proficient in data entry
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experienced in working to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Ideally systems experience in Elite 3E or similar
Join the team:
Our culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work-life balance. We work hard for our clients but we also make sure we put our people first. Offering a focus on both career progression and personal growth, we continually invest in our people and support and encourage them as they grow within the practice. We also offer discounted gym memberships across Australia, all-star sports teams and complimentary massage. We are sure you will feel well-connected to our culture and values.
Inclusion and Diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Our aim is to be recognised as a leading provider of inclusion and diversity in the legal profession.
We also welcome applications from all backgrounds, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
We look forward to receiving your application. This won't last long so send your resume via the SEEK application link today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.