The Perfect Accountant Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
- A contract role (3 days a week for 4 months) with one of Australia’s largest supermarket chains
- Be a commercial finance and wider team partner as part of a high performing Finance team
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia's largest retailer group, allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
We support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focusing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders. Whether we're learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
If you're an individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing by each other, our community, customers, and business then we ought to connect.
About the role
The primary responsibility of the Accountant role is to lead continuous improvement, engagement with Financial Shared Services (FSS) customers and mentor fellow team members. This includes monitoring relevant cost lines attributing to Cost of Doing Business (CODB), preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, managing queries from business partners as well as supporting the wider CODB team in driving continuous improvements across all aspects of the teams performance.
- End to end process ownership, including supporting timely and insightful reporting of the CODB result and balance sheet to business unit finance teams
- Driving and leading continuous improvement to add value for our customers
- Preparing reconciliations, providing a clear description of outstanding items, including appropriate supporting documentation, providing a conclusion and an action plan for clearance
- Reviewing financial controls to comply with accounting policies and standards
- Playing an active role in our Corporate Governance Program, including testing key controls and reporting on deficiencies
- Liaising with stakeholders to call out insights and resolve queries
- Maintaining and building stakeholder relationships, including developing an effective understanding of business and reporting considerations
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for any changes to the System Environment
- Developing and implementing process improvements to achieve a standard, lean and efficient operating model
- Leveraging systems to achieve accounting outcomes that remove manual effort
- Working with Finance Shared Services team members to embed a consistent "way of working"
- Finance related degree with a CA or CPA qualification
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Exposure in retail/large corporate will be advantageous
- Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, macros), Google Suite, SAP, BPC
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience, especially being able to make the complex simple
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of data from a variety of sources
- Strong presentation and storyboarding skills
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. We also work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
This won't last long so send your resume via the SEEK application link today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.