The Perfect Accountant/Accounts Receivable (Collections) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
An established and reputable education sector service provider, we have had a remarkable track record of business growth, therefore, we are looking to expand the team.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Accountant, your role will consist of 80% accounting duties and 20% accounts receivable/collections tasks such as:
- Billing, coding and entering financial transactions/invoices.
- Monthly, quarterly and annually banking & GL reconciliations, including intercompany accounts.
- Reviewing approved creditor invoices and staff reimbursements and entering them into Synergetic.
- Month end duties, such as income amortisation, prepayments, expense accruals, investment journals, depreciation journals, and monitoring the fixed asset register.
- Preparing monthly/quarterly BAS preparation, Profit & Loss Statements and Balance Sheets
- Assisting in preparing year end accounts, working papers for auditing purposes, forecasts and annual budgeting.
- Effective debtor management (debt collections (AR element)
- Preparing payment arrangements, monthly outstanding debtors report and liaising with the Debt Collection Agency when required.
- Continuous process improvement
- Assisting with any ad hoc finance duties when required
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
This role is for someone who has a solid experience in accounting as well as collections exposure with an Accounting background. You will also bring:
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance or similar area
- Currently pursuing or have obtained CPA (highly desirable)
- 3+ years experience in a similar accounts and collections role
- Exposure to working in the education and Not-for-profit sector (ideal but not mandatory)
- Experience using XERO and Excel proficiency
- Tech savvy (ideal but not mandatory)
- Ability to work autonomously and handle work with accountability
- High attention to detail and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A permanent resident or Australian citizen
What we can offer:
- Great team culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Work from home
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.