The Perfect Accountant (Accounts Receivable/Rebates) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
Accountant (Accounts Receivable/Rebates)
Our vision is simple. With a renewed vision, energetic and passionate focus, we offer trusted brands that improve people’s health and well-being every day. As such, we have a diverse portfolio of iconic brands and dedicated employees who put people's health first, across 20 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
We want you to join us in our pursuit of healthy living.
About the opportunity
Our Finance team is recruiting an Accountant with an accounts receivable and customer rebates focus. Reporting directly into the Financial Controller (ANZ), you will manage and ensure the efficient, timely and accurate payment of customer accounts, maintenance of related accounting records and customer rebates processing.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Financial accounting duties, such as completing month-end related tasks, processing daily banking transactions and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintaining the SAP billing system to ensure master data remains up-to-date
- Following-up and driving the collection of customer payments to reduce the DSOs
- Monitoring customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Preparing the quarterly provision for expected credit loss
- Facilitating efficient management and reduction of customer claims and other discrepancies
- Working closely with the Rebates Analyst to process certain rebates and ensure they are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner
- Facilitating the rebate payment runs with the Rebates Analyst and Finance Team
- Performing a credit review of major customers in a timely manner, using various credit review platforms
- Reconciling customer and GL accounts
- Preparing and coordinating journal entry data to ensure accurate and timely submission
- Maintaining, analysing and investigating general ledger reconciliations as required for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting purposes
- Maintaining the fixed assets register
- Performing the monthly FX revaluation
- Monitoring weekly reporting for actual and projected company cash flow
- Additional ad-hoc tasks and special projects as required by the Financial Controller and Accountants.
The successful candidate will have determination and a will to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. A disciplined approach to tasks through to completion and a “never give up” attitude is paramount to the success of the role, along with flexibility and agility in thinking. High personal and professional ethics and integrity with a team approach are essential. Furthermore, you will possess;
- 3+ years’ experience gained in a finance department of a multinational organisation (Essential)
- Be studying towards CA/CPA qualification (Desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills (Essential)
- Experience with SAP
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you wish to be part of a passionate team within our thriving organisation, focused on bringing innovative products to market, building respected customer relationships and positively impacting the lives of customers, please apply today.Employer's Questions
How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Have you completed a Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification?
What's your expected annual base salary?
Do you have experience using SAP?