The Perfect Accountant (Business Services) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
About the business
We are an accounting and bookkeeping firm with an exceptionally loyal client base that continues to grow! A lot of our success over the years comes from having a great team on board, therefore, we are now looking to expand our talent pool.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a switched on, friendly and passionate professional who is eager to show us they are willing to work with clients and their colleagues to achieve common goals and think outside the box where necessary. We are also super passionate about digital transformation and are proudly a 100% paperless office so, we want to make sure our next staff member is on board with our way of doing business.
All your professional development needs will be fully supported through our regular in-house training and paid training through third parties. This role will then act as a solid foundation that will help you broaden and develop your career.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team who is capable of:
- Completing individual tax returns of all complexities
- Preparing financial statements and income tax returns with the aim to develop your skills in complex financial statements and tax returns for entities.
- Mentoring and working with a diverse client base in a variety of industries.
- Preparing Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Meeting directly with clients in e-meetings as well as corresponding via email, telephone and occasional face to face meetings.
This is an excellent to join a team with a great work hard and play hard culture. To be successful in this role you will require:
- Degree qualified or be studying towards this qualification
- 3 years + working within an accounting firm in taxation/business services
- Multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills to work directly with clients
- Broad understanding and knowledge of Australian tax system
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong degree of initiative
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Experienced in completing financial statements and tax returns for entities.
- Experienced working in a paperless environment is also preferred but not essential.
Do you have professional experience preparing income tax returns?
How many years of taxation experience do you have?
How many years' experience do you have as a Business Services Accountant?
How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
Do you have experience using MYOB?