The Perfect Accountant (Mining) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
We are a dominant player in Australia’s high-quality coal basin with a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations. Daily, we help power developed and emerging economies in Asia. With a strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations, we are now seeking a qualified Accountant.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and reporting for a mine site
- Stewardship of the ledger
- Utilisation of BI systems to prepare insightful reporting
- Analysing business performance
- Fulfilling joint venture reporting requirements
- Completing the month end process as per timetable, including finalisation of month end accounts and preparing variance analysis against budget and/or forecast.
- Preparing and entering standard journals into the ERP (prepayments, accruals, commitment journals).
- Managing accounting and financial reporting, including monthly site reporting and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Preparing and reporting on the annual 5-year budget and yearly forecast.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and proactively resolving items.
- Completing audit requirements, including hard close, half and full year audit processes, and joint venture accounting and reporting.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting or Business related field.
- CPA or CA membership, or intention to progress towards membership.
- Mine accounting experience.
- Variance analysis and month end reporting.
- General Ledger experience (Pulse Mining ERP).
Benefits for You
- Career development
- Attractive Salary
- Smoke-free workplace
We are committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace and aim to empower an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
To be considered, you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.