The Perfect Accountant (NDIS/Disability Services) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
- Supportive, flexible and fun team environment
- Reputable and long-standing organisation
- Ongoing role
An inclusive, child safe and quality accredited organisation, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients, thereby enabling them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations, delivering services to over 30,000 Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance.
We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and wellbeing, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence.
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Manager, the Accountant (Disability Services) will manage, oversee and claim for NDIS supports and revenue. The purpose of the role is to:
- Maximise revenue generation capacity and timely recovery of funds
- Optimise the utilisation of the client data/revenue management system.
- Build relationships that support business units; teams who have been most significantly impacted by the implementation of the NDIS.
- Improve operational efficiency, relating to revenue by reviewing and developing strategic improvements in financial data systems and processes.
- Reduce delays in claiming revenue by identifying process improvements.
Some of the key duties in the role include:
- Building collaborative and productive relationships with all stakeholders, including the NDIS, business unit leadership and frontline staff.
- Preparing Client Service Files with billable service events, ready to claim by the Finance team.
- Building a solid understanding of current procedures around financial documentation and processing.
- Partnering with the business unit management teams to assist with their financial responsibilities.
To be considered for this you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance role
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting/Commerce
- Excellent understanding of both financial and management accounting
- Highly ethical approach to client information, privacy and consent
- Experienced in using Accounting systems (Technology One Financials)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven data analysis and reporting skills
- Understanding of auditing, along with a natural ability to identify key operational and control process improvement opportunities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
- Experience using the NDIS Portal, the NDIS Price Guide, Support Items, Service Bookings, Service Agreements, Viewing Plans and Submitting Claims
Our Culture and Benefits
Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values in that we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. Therefore, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism while valuing the uniqueness of all individuals. We are also committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace which is free from harassment and discrimination.
We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients. As such, this results in a reputable status in the community and a great place to work! We offer benefits such as:
- tax savings via salary sacrifice
- paid parental leave
- supportive work environment
- on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
This opportunity won't last long so submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this as outlined in the description.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.