The Perfect Accountant (Public Practice) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle to write job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of the thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
Would you like to join a focused accounting practice with a reputation for delivering valuable business advice and service excellence?
We are a growing client base of small to medium businesses are at the heart of our business. As such, we expect all staff to deliver high standards in client service, this includes specialised advice, assisting them with ATO compliance requirements, bookkeeping, accounting, taxation, business management solutions and strategic planning. Additionally, we have a large individual client base, involving individual tax returns, with tax season peak periods between July to October.
We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and ambitious person to join our loyal and determined team of professional accountants. Key attributes of our ideal candidate include:
- A passion for your career and achieving fantastic results for clients
- A self-motivated work ethic which is displayed through initiative, meeting deadlines and taking ownership of your role
- Personal drive and ambition
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting) and working towards your CPA/CA qualification
- 3+ years accounting experience in public practice
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Personable and able to build strong relationships with clients
- Assist clients with general enquiries and cloud accounting support
- Problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of GST and EOY compliance
- Applying technical knowledge to job-specific attributes
- Exposure to tax planning
You will also be competent in client-based accounting packages such as Xero, Intuit QuickBooks, MYOB and Reckon. Experience with software programs including Handiso and HowNow will be highly regarded as is experienced in supervising and training graduate accountants.
You will be responsible for business services compliance, including preparing financial statements, income tax returns, GST, FBT and general advice to support client needs. You will have a proactive approach towards workflow progression and ensure client jobs are completed promptly. You will also assist in helping clients with managing their accounting systems, tax planning and business improvement.
Our competitive edge is based on a supportive culture dedicated to teamwork, commitment, training, professional development, and fun which has a flow on effect on people, relationships, service and advice excellence. Personal and business advice goes beyond the numbers for clients as our entire team is here to help. Paramount to our service offering, we invest in our staff and provide various perks such as RDOs which makes us the best place of employment.
We offer a unique career development plan to help you build on your technical skills throughout your career. When you join our team, we will provide you with excellent training and professional development, a mentor and a fun and enjoyable work environment. We will also support you in working towards your CPA qualification.
This role is highly suited to an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
This won't last long, so send your resume today. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.