The Perfect Assistant Accountant Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community. We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
We are a values driven organisation, proud to be serving our community with luscious green spaces and built environment. If you are looking to work with an organisation who truly believes their workforce is their most important asset and promotes a positive and friendly working environment then we are the workplace for you. Things you'll be proud of:
- Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town.
- Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for the reconciliation and management of a number of the Town’s Finance functions in accordance with relevant Acts, Local Laws, Regulations and Accounting Standards. The role supports the Senior Accountant in the delivery of services in support of the Town’s objectives.
This exciting will best suit someone who thrives on going above and beyond, has a personable approach and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Your duties and responsibilities:
As the Assistant Accountant, you provide support in the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year budget review and annual financial statements and associated audits. As well as assist in the preparation of the monthly reports to Council. Some other responsibilities include:
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation and reconciling a number of general ledger accounts.
- Processing journals as required.
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets and Portable and Attractive Items Registers and processing relevant transactions including depreciation.
- Preparing relevant tax documentation, including BAS, FBT and TPAR returns.
- Coordinating the acquittal of grants received by the Town from external parties and maintaining the grants register.
- Monitoring changes in accounting standards and relevant legislation to provide compliance and lead continuous improvement.
- Reconciliation and management of a number of the Town’s Finance functions in accordance with relevant Acts, Local Laws, Regulations and Accounting Standards.
- Providing support to the Senior Accountant in the delivery of services.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Dedication in getting the job done.
- Adaptable, able to manage conflicting priorities and high levels of work.
- Outstanding attention to detail and able to communicate effectively.
- Experience in a local government workplace would be advantageous.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or working towards CPA/CA qualification.
- Technical knowledge and experience in accounting.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience in word processing and Excel.
- Experience working with financial accounting systems (SynergySo experience desirable).
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service.
- High level of communication and effective personal interaction, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement abilities.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
What we can offer:
By joining us, you’ll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.