The Perfect Category Assistant Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
Part of Australia's biggest retail Group, we take pride in being much more than a supermarket and have the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. If you enjoy taking accountability and striving to always do the right thing for each other, the community, customers, and business, this role is for you.
About the role:
A critical role in the Fruit and Vegetable team, we are looking for a highly motivated and organised Category Assistant to come and thrive with us. On a daily basis, you will be the first point of contact for the team, contributing towards the following:
- Managing vendor and supplier enquiries, handling customer complaints and being the 'go-to person for any enquiries relating to your category.
- Acting on customer complaints on time and reporting on any weekly outstanding customer complaints.
- Completing daily SAP processes and workflows for new lines and amendments.
- Administering reviews accurately and within set timeframes.
- Supporting the team with administration, including, but not limited to, archiving and data entry.
- Ensuring quality and clarity of communication with stores, vendors and employees.
- Following QC/QA guidelines in line with category-specific policy, procedures, timelines and administrative requirements.
- Escalating all food safety issues promptly.
- Identifying customer trends and shares insights/findings with the wider team.
- Influencing internal business partners, including commercial marketing and supply chain partners, to deliver outcomes.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Highly organised, has exceptional attention to detail and someone who is seeking an opportunity to develop their career within Buying.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of retail trends and market activity
- SAP knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
What we can offer:
- Providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
- We value flexibility and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
- A safe and inclusive environment for all.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.