The Perfect Development Accountant Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
We are one of Australia’s largest groups working within development, construction, realty and property management. Through our team of in-house architects, designers and project managers, we draw on our extensive knowledge, financial strengths and flawless standards to deliver high quality residential projects.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support on financial management of multiple active Development Projects.
- Working on all financial aspects of development projects.
- Completing up to date Commercial Assessments of Developments, including actual spend and forecast update.
- Ensuring timely completion of month-end procedures.
- Preparing month-end journals and reconciliations.
- Preparing project and consolidated portfolio cash flow.
- Overseeing the AP and assisting with monthly financial reports of relevant projects.
- Working with Development Managers with regards to processing purchase orders, invoices and subcontractor claims.
- Assisting the project team with management of progress claims and payment of invoices.
- Maintaining robust financial controls to ensure integrity of all financial systems, processes and outputs.
- Facilitating accomplishment of goals and positively impact business performance.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Accounting Degree, CPA/CA (or studying towards).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Experience in cost control and management reporting.
- Broad understanding of accounting standards.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel and Word a must), (Zavanti, Estate Master a plus).
- Achievement-orientated, customer-focused, proactive and collaborative.
- Committed to delivering high quality output to customers and responding flexibly to their needs.
- Actively looks for opportunities to engage others and work collaboratively with them to find solutions
- Highly organised and able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.