The Perfect Divisional Accountant Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
Working within a strong and dedicated finance team, we are looking for a self-starter with experience in commercial accounting but with strong technical knowledge to provide timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis for our group of companies.
About the role: A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance team and owners to enable you to make a difference to the business. Whilst focusing on one entity within the group, this role is broad ranging and required flexibility to assist wherever required.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering timely and accurate monthly financial reports across multiple business units and working on AP and AR ledgers.
- Monthly Profit and Loss and Balance sheet reporting.
- Supplier payments and reconciliations.
- General ledger reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Preparing statutory compliance requirements, including payroll tax, Workcover and BAS.
- Managing an inventory control software system to report costs accurately.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts and managing cash flow.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Assisting with annual budgeting process and providing analysis on a monthly basis
- Continual system and internal control improvements
- Reporting to business lenders and outside stakeholders
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Applicants must have considerable relevant experience and at a minimum be degree qualified.
- CPA or CA qualification would be an expectation but not mandatory.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong system and accounting system experience to adopt to multiple platforms.
- Strong technical knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of business process and internal controls related to accounting finance functions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience level in accounting roles.
- Resilient and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders including banks and external business advisors
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and unsupervised
- Pro-active thinker with initiative
What we can offer:
- Excellent salary, conditions and benefits
- Exciting and fast paced environment.
- Close and safe team work environment
- Monthly staff functions
- On site gym access
- In house loyalty programs related to financing options & roadside assist
Have you completed a Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification?
How many years' experience do you have as an Accountant?
Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have experience using Xero?
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.