The Perfect Operations Manager (Finance and Accounting) Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
A leading ASX-listed insurer is seeking a motivated Finance Operations Manager to effectively manage a small team.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring, managing and training 3 team members by driving and supporting a culture of trust, transparency, team spirit, collaboration and continuous self-development.
- Proactively leading and managing the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions, including training the team in resolving production issues.
- Participating in the monthly general ledger close process by effectively coordinating and communicating with stakeholders to drive positive outcomes
- Reviewing and approving journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly BAS, Stamp Duty returns and PAYG tax payments.
- Reviewing and developing streamlined business processes and accounting policies to ensure adequate internal control measurement, monitoring and compliance.
- Work closely with the Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit teams on all internal control-related matters, including raising risk issues or incidents on a timely basis, coordinating management responses and managing remedial actions.
- Degree qualified + CA/CPA qualification
- 5 years' of experience in a similar Financial Services role
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior leadership and staff management experience (essential)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- High-level computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, MYOB and Xero
- Previous experience in Oracle would be highly regarded
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak up and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Process improvement mindset, including automating, simplifying and re-engineering processes
- Full working rights in Australia
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.