The Perfect Finance Manager/Controller Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
Discover how you can make a real difference to the lives of children and families when you join our enriching team. As one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, our team are committed to enhancing children's lives by supporting children's wellbeing and building partnerships with our community.
About the team
The purpose of the Finance team is to ensure all financial management, systems and processes, including statutory compliance systems are in place and adhered to. They also ensure the appropriate financial infrastructure is in place to support the provision of services to its staff, stakeholders and community. This structure supports our team of therapists who support children directly with autism, developmental delays, and other challenges that can make everyday life and participation tough for children.
About the role
To provide oversight of the organisation's finances, facilitating the organisation's achievement of outcomes in the strategic plan specifically, through transparent accountability, continuous quality improvement, responsible growth and the use of effective systems.
- CA/CPA with significant commercial experience
- Experience as CFO, Finance Director, Financial Controller or similar
- Exposure to acquittal processes to government funders
- Experience in tendering for new business and in negotiating and managing contracts
- Demonstrated skills in project management
- Strategic thinking balanced with hands on management
- Exposure to the not-for-profit sector (desirable, not essential)
- Ability to drive results
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
Staff benefits include:
- A positive welcoming culture within a team of professionals who have extensive experience and knowledge gained through our history of supporting children and families
- Priority placement for children of staff members
- Discounted child care fee
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee (Referral Scheme)
- Employee Assistance Program for free, voluntary and confidential counselling services
- Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day (One extra day paid leave for all staff)
We welcome and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.