The Perfect Finance Manager (Payables) Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
Good things start here
We’re an essential part of sustainably feeding all Australians, helping 21 million customers every week to live healthier, happier lives. With such a big responsibility, we rely on our family of 120,000 team members and brilliant leaders to operate with pace and passion, driving a people first culture to delight our customers.
Our Finance team partners interact with every business area to ensure commercial thinking feeds into everything we do. Working across every team, we look at how we are performing and provide usable insights to support strategic business decisions. This helps us to set up our customers and people for success through good commercial sense.
About the role
As the Manager of the Payables function, you will manage and lead the performance of a large team and interact with numerous stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and leading the performance of 6 onshore and 30 offshore team members within the accounts payable function.
- Leading the execution and change management of projects, including new ERP systems, legal and regulatory changes.
- Engaging with Government bodies, agencies and third-party service providers, such as external and internal auditors.
- Managing the Governance and controls of invoices and payments.
Good things you’ll need
- 8+ years’ experience in a Finance Operations leadership role, preferably within a retail environment
- Senior stakeholder engagement
- Sound accounts payable knowledge
- Proven experience in managing large teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Governance and controls skills
- SAP experience desirable
- CA or CPA qualification desirable
Why Choose Us?
You’re joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. We’ll invest in you and your career with awesome training, development and leadership programs. You’ll also get fantastic team member discounts across our supermarkets and brands.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs.
We’d love to hear from you
If you like the sound of us and you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.