The Perfect General Administrative Support Officer Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
One of the largest Government departments, we have 20,000+ employees, including 4,000+ administrative employees who support the officers that provide a range of civic duties 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, we aim to support the socially, geographically and culturally diverse community.
About the role:
A critical role in the regional team and a natural problem solver, you will possess superior written and verbal communication skills, including efficient and effective general administration, clerical support, and receptionist services with a focus on quality services to business units. You will also be contributing towards the following:
- Professionally greeting all existing, new and potential customers presenting to the office and attend to their enquiries.
- Maintaining customer records and managing client bookings/appointments as per established practice routines.
- Effectively communicating over the phone to attend to booking requests and general enquiries, following established practice routines.
- Accurately receiving payments, completing daily reconciliations, settling accounts payable/received, preparing cash payments for banking and following up with debtors to ensure budgets are paid on time.
- Operating multiple computer systems, including Cliniko, Slack, Asana, Google Sites and Dropbox.
- Liaising with other stakeholders, including suppliers, colleagues, other health professionals.
- Performing general cleaning duties such as wiping down surfaces and following the Covid-19 safety plan.
- Placing and monitoring orders for stationery supplies and equipment as requested to maintain stock levels.
- Collecting, distributing and posting mail.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Receptionist/Administration Officer/Administration Assistant or customer service.
- Empathetic to the needs of customers and co-workers.
- Possess an excellent phone manner, including smiling when you answer the phone and going the extra mile to help out, whether it's over the phone or in person.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, such as answering phones, taking patient payments and rebooking clients while completing the daily task list.
- Close attention to detail is demonstrated by thoroughly reading documents, analysing issues from diverse viewpoints.
- Excellent computer skills and are willing to learn our internal systems.
- Competent in daily reception duties and able to learn new things quickly.
- Pride yourself on maintaining a clean environment with necessary tasks such as cleaning, mopping floors and doing dishes.
- Love to work and always willing to give 100% and actively participate in the business's success.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team, working towards shared goals.
- Ability to follow directions and receive constructive feedback.
- Proficient in the English language and have excellent communication skills both online and in person, including communicating complex and sensitive issues clearly in writing, selecting the appropriate tone and format to suit target recipients.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work options;
- Opportunity to purchase leave;
- Annual leave loading;
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including seminars and the Fitness Passport;
- Free yearly influenza vaccination;
- Salary packaging options via superannuation contributions or a novated vehicle lease.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Identify and describe a situation where you required your customer service skills to resolve an urgent issue.
- Outline your response to a complex situation and the qualities you developed.
- From your previous experience in administration systems and processes, records management, and software applications, provide examples of how you have delivered accurate, completed, and timely outcomes.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.