The Perfect Head of Finance Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
A for-purpose organisation, seeking to make learning outdoors accessible to all young Australians. We help young Australians realise their personal best by creating experiences in the outdoors to grow their sense of self and the core skills that will help them navigate their future.
We help students grow and schools perform. We help parents enjoy more mature, independent children, helping young people become real world ready. From providing pre-set courses to fully tailored, curriculum-integrated programs, we connect with schools across the country to bring education outdoors.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for managing the company's strategic and day-to-day leadership in all financial matters and will be part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Your duties and responsibilities:
This hands on and influential role is suited to a well-rounded finance leader, and will have oversight over:
- Leadership of the Finance team, ensuring efficient and accurate delivery of month end close, accounts payable, receivables, audit, compliance, and statutory obligations are met and reported on.
- Ensuring operating units are supported through project performance reporting, forecasting, commercial analysis, management reporting and value-add insights.
- Ensuring financial systems, processes and policies are developed in accordance with group strategy.
- Supporting Director of Finance on a range of strategic and operational projects and initiatives.
- Supporting on group wide system implementations.
The Head of Finance will implement and sustain a finance strategy that supports the achievement of the overall strategy and specifically focuses on ability to scale whilst providing an accurate and relevant management information system.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant.
- Ability to work from home or office
- Ability to look at the day-to-day challenges of individual team members and develop solutions that align and improve delivery for the entire organisation, while controlling the cost base.
- An and effective people leader and team player.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally to deliver the best possible business outcomes for the organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues and develop solutions with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge across the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum 10 years commercial experience in an accounting based role.
- Ability to prioritise deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both interpersonal and written, with the ability to provide customer service to a diverse business.
- Collaborative working style, including the ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate a proactive approach to engaging internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, responsive and has the initiative, attitude and ability to thrive within a dynamic, challenging and changing environment.
What we can offer:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Ability to drive change and make a difference
- People centric culture (people are the heart and soul of what we do)
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.