The Perfect Head of Group Accounting Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
Reporting to the Group General Manager, this role is fundamental in the delivery of the Group’s internal and external reporting function. You will lead both operational and corporate accounting and will be responsible for the delivery of the Group’s external reporting, technical accounting analysis and compliance as well as maintaining the Group’s accounting control environment.
About the role:
As a broad thinker, with strongly developed communication skills, you will leverage your strong people leadership experience to build a high performing team and help shape, drive and deliver success as a team to ensure engagement through business change and BAU processes.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the Group's financial accounting and reporting function, including external financial reporting, delivering the Group's controlled entities' financial statements and maintenance of financial data.
- Delivering key elements of the budget and forecasting process, including financing costs, consolidation, balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
- Providing technical accounting analysis and support, including complex issues arising from business development activity, mergers and acquisitions, organisational change and change in regulatory requirements.
- Identifying and delivering process efficiencies and improvements in financial close processes and controls, and reporting procedures.
- Ensuring there is consistency in accounting treatment across the Australian and New Zealand business.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Experience leading and engaging a team in an agile environment
- Highly developed communication, collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills across the executive level
- Demonstrated experience in a senior finance role within a large corporate environment
- The ability to influence senior and executive stakeholders and effectively communicate financial impacts and influence resolutions
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.