The Perfect Indirect Tax Graduate Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of sectors who trust us for audit, tax, and advisory services.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
About the role: A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for
- Being a Graduate with BDO means you get to experience an open-door culture
- Building relationships with clients and expanding your network nationally.
- Becoming involved in real client work immediately, being supported by your partners and team every step of the way.
- Developing technical expertise across a variety of indirect taxes, including GST, fuel tax credit, stamp duty, payroll tax and luxury car tax.
- Providing advice on cutting edge indirect tax issues to our extensive client base.
- Cultivating your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- A tertiary degree a relevant field i.e. Commerce, Business or Law with an Accounting/Finance/Economics or Law major
- An interest in tax with a view of specialising in Indirect Tax
- Drive and determination to develop your career with BDO
- Display solid academic achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, organisational and written skills
- High level of customer service, demonstrated through customer-focused work experience
- Motivation for continuous learning
- Are involved in extracurricular activities
- A collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently
- Australian/New Zealand Citizen or resident at the time of application
What we can offer:
As a new team member, it is important that we help you find your feet and adjust to a new environment and culture. Our induction program allows Graduates to get to know each other through various team-building exercises and workshops which are designed to ensure you feel right at home with us!
- Plenty of learning and development opportunities through our National L&OD program as well as local training opportunities.
- A buddy on your first day so you receive personal attention to assist in understanding your responsibilities, the logic behind the work you are doing and where to go for help if required.
- Casual Fridays, team bonding days and a wide variety of social events through our active social club.
- Networking opportunities with your colleagues in relaxed, social environment.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.