The Perfect Junior Payroll Officer Job Description Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We have taken the time-consuming struggle out of writing job descriptions by optimising the template below for job board approval and SEO. Below, we have shared one of thousands of job description templates to help you boost exposure, provide inspiration and speed up the hiring process. Feel free to copy/paste/edit as required.
We are one of Australia's largest private hospital operators with a well-respected record in hospital management, patient care and running high-quality facilities.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for a high volume of payroll processing activities, across multiple sites and various Enterprise Agreements. Reporting to the State Payroll Manager, you will demonstrate a strong work ethic, the willingness to learn on the job and the ability to work within a team.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Managing emails
- Scanning confidential information
- Entering maintenance within the Chris21 database, including new hires, banking changes, address changes, terminations etc.
- Exposure to Kronos, managing leave
- Processing employee information accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring the integrity of Payroll data in the Chris21 payroll system
- Liaising with HR re staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, conditions of service and other relevant matters
- Assisting the Payroll Services team with other related tasks and projects
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person who is interested in learning on the job. This role will be suitable for someone wanting to learn the skills required to become a payroll professional, commencing with little or no experience we will provide on the job training.
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Contributing to a climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
What we can offer:
- We intend to train, guide and assist the applicant to gain experience in a payroll team with continual learning of new systems including Kronos and Chris 21.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.