The Perfect Junior Project Accountant Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We are a geological, mining and management consulting company who provide strategic mining services, as well as independent corporate advice to mining, exploration, financial and legal groups worldwide.
Your duties and responsibilities:
This role is responsible for performing all functions and reports relating to the accounting management of the projects, including:
- Managing financial information related to projects and liaising directly with project managers.
- Setting up new projects in the system, ensuring all details are correct and approvals are in place
- Analysing project budgets to gain an understanding of variances and performance, communicating this to managers
- Preparing project reconciliations
- Preparing commentary and analysis of month end results relating to performance of each division working with.
- Evaluating utilisation reports and the impact on gross margin and overall profit
- Ongoing WIP analysis and review along with month end reconciliation with emphasis in aging, budgeting and utilisation.
- Preparing monthly invoicing and ensuring all billings reconcile to the project, WIP performed to date and align with company’s obligations under the contract
- Reviewing aged debtors’ reports noting collection efforts, concerns and possible provision for doubtful debts
- Performing monthly Full Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the month end close process including aged WIP/Debtors review, accruals and payroll journals
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in accounts, projects and financial reporting
- Experience with multi currency transactions
- Exceptional attention to detail, confidentiality, work prioritisation, enthusiastic and capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Accounting and a current professional designation
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with expert level Excel
- Experience with BST is highly desirable
What we can offer:
The company offers a flexible and dynamic work environment which is focused on teamwork. Company values, including caring for people, are central to the organisation’s culture.Employer's Questions
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years' experience do you have as an Accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.