The Perfect Legal Accounts Clerk Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We believe in taking the time to understand our clients' individual situation and the challenges they face. We have collectively represented some of Australia's most successful businesses and for over one hundred years, we have accumulated experience and expertise across generations of lawyers. Now it's time to put your skills and experience to work for our clients.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will report into the Finance Manager and manage the firm's trust and billing requirements as well as assist with other accounting functions when required.
Your duties and responsibilities:
If you are enthusiastic, a great team player and want to work for a great firm, then this is for you. You will be responsible for providing the practice groups with high quality, accurate and timely accounts support whilst adhering to the firm's policies, systems and procedures. Your role will specifically manage all accounts receivable, invoicing and billing requirements for the firm and will include:
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Managing the firm's billing system, including process review and recommendations for improvement
- Managing the firm's trust account audit, including liaising with the external auditor
- Attending to all billing requirements within the firm
- Managing the firm's investment monies
- Assisting with other accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, debt collection, weekly reporting as well as undertake any other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a legal accounts clerks billing role.
- Experience using Open Practice highly regarded.
- Previous knowledge in data analysis and reconciliation procedures.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and consultation skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to deal with competing deadlines accurately and efficiently.
- Capacity to be self-managed and be self-motivated.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
What we can offer:
In return for your strong work performance, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary package
- Excellent training and mentoring support.
- Working within a collegiate team who work together in creating a fun and enjoyable working environment.
- Access to an extensive range of firm wide benefits, including discounts to retailers and salary sacrificing options
- Monthly drinks, casual Fridays, yearly flu vaccinations and birthday leave to name but a few.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years' experience do you have as an accounts clerk?
Do you have accounting experience in the legal ?
What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.