The Perfect Manager of Finance Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
A leading and growing national not-for-profit community housing providers in Australia who ensures that people are housed in inclusive communities and creating homes that encourage a sense of belonging.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for improving outcomes for our clients.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a true leadership role responsible for the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) team, which provide day-to-day finance functions, preparation of financial accounts internal and external), and establishing and managing relationships with auditors and other external 3rd parties.
Key to your success will be in your ability to provide continuous development of accounting processes, systems, and workflows for day-to-day efficiency, providing a sound platform for growth. In addition, you will be responsible for the maintenance of an effective and efficient internal control process including appropriate policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Proven experience in the accounting/financial management field incorporating both in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors
- Proven leadership experience in motivating, mentoring, and developing a finance team.
- Significant financial management experience and use of financial packages, including Microsoft Office Suite and Access.
- Experience in developing policies and procedures and associated financial controls and preparing financial statements
- Sound understanding and experience in contemporary Finance practices
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively consult, negotiate and influence across a range of stakeholder groups
- Ability to build strong working partnerships
- Outcomes and solutions focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business, Commerce, or equivalent including a CPA or CA qualification.
- Knowledge of Australian accounting standards and relevant regulatory and legislative compliance requirements.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills with strong decision-making ability.
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills including ability to manage conflicting priorities and high work volumes without affecting quality of service delivery.
What we offer in returnWe provide a culture that supports individuals to be their best, with opportunities for personal and career development. We are committed to cultivating an equal, diverse, and inclusive environment for our staff, residents, and stakeholders.
Salary Packaging Options
Flexible working arrangements considered
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- Excellent career development opportunities
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years of people management experience do you have?
Have you completed a Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification?
Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you with?
- How many years' experience do you have in tax law?
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.