The Perfect Matter Management Manager Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
As a leading international law firm and one of the world’s most innovative law firms, we offer a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3,000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
This role is responsible for the day to day management of the Accounting and Collections teams. Providing leadership to the group that will empower its members to proactively provide high levels of service to our clients and maintaining uniform policies and procedures.
Your duties and responsibilities:
As part of the Finance team, you will be:
- Working closely with the accounting and collections team leaders and broader Finance team (Business Intelligence, Finance Systems, Legal Project Management, Financial Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis), Management and other Shared Services functions to provide financial support.
- Providing support with client opening, trust accounting, billing, adherence to specific client requirements, scheduled and ad hoc reporting and debt collections.
- Reviewing and analysing performance and trends as well as business and jurisdictional requirements to identify issues and providing workable solutions.
- Providing business insights on business performance through continuously improving processes, reporting and procedures.
- Setting up for the future, including digitisation and productivity improvements.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and jurisdictional rules, to ensure our practices and procedures are compliant in all circumstances.
- Influencing skills to ensure that the systems processes, and procedures provide the appropriate functionality
- Strong problem solving and resolution capabilities
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple streams of work
- Clear and concise communication
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Team player with ability to empower, coach and mentor staff and colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of legal and Solicitors Rules and Law Society Practice Directions related to client’s accounts
- Ability to create and update documentation of processes and outcomes
- Ability to summarise and report on key activities across portfolio
What we can offer:
We want to be the law firm that clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
- If you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.