The Perfect National Finance Manager Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We are a national sports organisation who is responsible for the management, coordination, development and promotion of sporting groups Australia wide. With a thriving community of players, coaches and supportive fans, hosting ground-breaking events and programs. With a membership base of 25,000+ comprising 8 states and territories, associations, clubs and individual members who play, coach, officiate and support games within Australia.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for reporting to the CEO, driving financial performance through establishing key initiatives and ensuring strategic outcomes are adhered to for all aspects of the organisation.
Partnering with the CEO and working closely with the National Operations Manager, you will lead the finance function and Member state/territory organisations to drive operational and financial performance. You will meet strategic obligations arising in law, standards, codes, and from stakeholder expectations.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day finance functions, including cash flow, balance sheet and profit and loss reconciliations.
- Managing all month-end financial performance reporting and necessary reports generated for state/territories.
- Managing agendas and reports for Finance Committee meetings.
- Preparing and lodging BAS, PAYG, FBT and others as applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws, standards and codes.
- Maximising the return on investment of the organisation’s assets.
- Preparing the annual budget, including monthly phasing and cash flow.
- Liaising with external intermediaries, such as banks, insurance companies, ATO, auditors, etc.
- Liaising with external auditors to finalise year-end reporting and tax return for all entities
- Preparing the finance report for inclusion in the Annual Report and management of annual budgets.
- Preparing Funding Grant Acquittal reports and the management of their external audit.
- Providing financial assessment and evaluation of risks for major income and expenditure.
- Managing and preparing state WorkCover returns.
- Evaluating feasibility for developments and projects.
- Providing financial support and assistance to the Finance Committee, Chief Executive Officer and staff around Australia.
- Updating and maintaining ASIC records, organisation files and records.
- Implementing continuous improvement of financial accounting processes, reporting templates, tools and documents.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- CPA or CA qualification
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Proven financial management skills with minimum 5 years' experience in similar role in a not-for-profit/community organisation
- Financial modelling experience
- Extensive experience with Xero and ApprovalMax
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed attitude to compliance and ethics
- Clear communication style and the ability to work with modern communication platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enjoy working as a part of a busy, collaborative and cooperative team
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.