The Perfect Office Manager/Bookkeeper Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We are an expanding law firm who has a genuine desire to provide quality legal service that strive to achieve positive outcomes for clients, instead of lifting lawyers' fees. The office has a diverse service offering with lawyers specialising in personal injury claims, motor vehicle accidents, workers compensation, public liability, and medical negligence.
About the role:
A pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for in-house accounting and finance functions.
Your duties and finance and administration responsibilities:
- Arranging payment of accounts and calculating billable hours based on advice
- Using LEAP Legal software for client account management
- Preparing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors
- Carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Receiving transactional payments on Leap
- Making payments to clients, third parties and recording payments on Leap
- Drawing up and sending invoices
- Reconciling transactions and preparing Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Checking figures and reporting for accuracy
- Performing general administrative duties from time to time
- Coordinating the timesheet/approval process alongside the Finance Manager
- Managing facilities (tenancy, stationary, weekly groceries, weekly maintenance equipment, cleaners, basic technology support etc.)
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
Joining the firm in a period of change requires a strategic and operationally savvy Office Manager to take ownership of the bookkeeping and finance functions, as well as the general running of the office. You will have input into process structure and act as an advisory to the Partners on financial operation.
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in complex office administration and finance and accounting (experience in the legal sector will be highly regarded but is not essential)
- Chartered Accountancy or similar qualification will be highly regarded
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presentation.
- Ability to up manage and influence to meet timeframes and ensure office operations run smoothly.
- Highly professional and mature outlook
- Ability to be proactive and have a high degree of initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and systems savvy
- Independence and initiative to create process improvement projects
Charisma and be collegiate to work with a high degree of professionalism and drive.
Strong sense of commercial acumen and ability to complete BAS, complex forecasting and managing a P&L.
What we can offer:
If you are outcomes oriented and excited to take the next step in your career, we are an employer who will give you the freedom and autonomy to make a genuine difference to the office and see impact. We also offer:
- Free parking
- Flexible work options, including work from home
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.