The Perfect Purchasing/Assets Officer Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
The Purchasing and Assets Officer manages the purchase card system and asset system.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing purchase requisitions in the finance system.
- Initiating the release of purchase orders from the finance system.
- Liaising continuously with staff, suppliers and representatives.
- Checking and authorising changes to purchase orders where necessary.
- Administering the Purchasing Card system and interfacing with the FMIS. Ensuring month end deadlines for purchasing card entries and authorisations are completed
- Monitoring the purchasing card, investigating and reporting non-compliance with policies and procedures.
- Reconciling the purchasing card control account, including purchasing card expenses.
- Managing and controlling the Asset Management System.
- Preparing request for approval for disposal or write-off of assets.
- Preparing and entering data for the acquisition, transfers and write-offs into the Asset Management System and forwarding then for processing.
- Coordinating stock takes. including required follow up actions.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Previous experience in a purchasing environment, including Purchase Order maintenance, processing of assets and reconciliations.
What we can offer:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.