The Perfect Treasury Manager Job Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
A charitable financial institution who provides loans to churches, schools, aged care facilities and other associated organisations, thereby promoting missional work. In addition, we provide savings accounts: personal and joint accounts; guardian accounts for children; and business accounts, including for self-managed super funds and not-for-profit organisations.
Regulated under the Banking Act and by APRA, we provide business and financial support while providing excellent service to all customers and safeguarding the interests of depositors.
About the role:
This newly created role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for managing the treasury function. As the Treasury Manager you will be overseeing the daily funding and investing requirements whilst identifying new funding opportunities. You will also be managing the liquidity requirements in accordance to the funding plan and liquidity management strategy to ensure adequate cash flow management.
Your duties and responsibilities:
The Treasury Manager will assist in maintaining a liquidity management framework which is consistent with the Board risk appetite and risk profile. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Enhancing the current funding plan and liquidity management strategy and implementing improvements.
- Preparing detailed liquidity reports to Management and Board committees, including where liquidity and funding is at risk of being outside of risk appetite.
- Maintaining a 3-year funding plan that supports liquidity management framework and business objectives.
- Conducting annual stress testing, incorporating organisation specific and market wide scenarios to identify sources of potential liquidity stress and to ensure that current exposures remain within the risk appetite.
- Supporting the CFO with procedures and controls designed to identify, measure, monitor and control interest rate risk.
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in commercial or corporate treasury environment or similar role in financial services
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business
- Proven ability to communicate with key stakeholders at an Executive and Board level
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.