The Perfect Undergraduate Accountant Advertisement Will Attract The Perfect Candidate!
We are a global technology leader that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company’s products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems.
About the role:
A pivotal part of our team, you will be able to utilise the theoretical skills learnt in your degree and develop practical skills in the workforce. This is a unique to gain skills and knowledge while you are working .
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with CBS volume billing submission and coordination
- CBS Corporate Reporting, including the scorecard for all service lines
- Supporting the team with reviewing and analysing the monthly P&L.
- Assisting with submitting expense forecasts onto Essbase as per the corporate calendar.
- Supporting the team with month end journals and close, reclass of expenses, bank reconciliations and fixed asset maintenance, credit cards expense integration and reconciliation, goods in transit transactions and reconciliations
- Assisting with the intercompany balance sheet reconciliations, journal preparation, work instruction preparation and other general accounting services.
- Identifying needs and opportunities for process improvements
Successful candidates will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
To qualify for this undergraduate internship, it is essential that you:
- Currently studying an undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce, majoring in Accounting
- Possess Australian Citizenship or Residency
- Confident, outgoing approach to seek out necessary information to achieve set outcomes
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills in a diverse organisation
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer literacy and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
What we can offer:
We help set you up for success and your future career as you develop your theoretical knowledge into practical skills while contributing meaningfully to the operation of our multi-billion dollar business.
Inclusion and diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Therefore, we welcome applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills, regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
This opportunity won't last long so send your resume to us today. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.