The Perfect Package Handler Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Package Handler position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Package Handler, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Package Handler resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Package Handler position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Package Handler, you need to be acquainted with what a Package Handler does!
Package Handlers handle the assembly, seal, scan, and load of parcels.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised Package Handler to assist in working with team to assemble, seal, and load packages into correct trucks.
To be successful as a Package Handler, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Package Handler should be able to achieve safe workplace and meet deadlines with client and company expectations in mind.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Package Handler position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Working with team to assemble, seal, and load packages into correct trucks.
• Reading and comprehending labels to ensure proper processing.
• Following safety rules at all times.
• Lifting parcels that weigh up to 75 lbs.
• Using scanners to track parcel information, such as receipt or condition.
• Sorting items according to the destination.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Ability to work with hand tools and loading equipment.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Excellent driving record.
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 75 lbs.
• Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to perform duties.
• Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
• Communicates clearly and concisely.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Package Handlers.