CV Services | The Perfect Resume
Are you considering CV services to improve your chances of being shortlisted for an interview? Do you find that you are still being unsuccessful after numerous job applications? Unfortunately, while some seem to get positive results with their job search almost immediately, others seem to take more time.
It's a numbers game. Tweaking your multiple resumes, writing selection criteria, and tailoring cover letters, following up with phone calls and subscribing for job alerts all help. However, there is no substitute for having a line-up of interviews.
What if you feel like you are doing all the right things and you still haven't received a call? Ask yourself,
- Have you reviewed your resume lately?
- Do you see any further resume writing improvements that could make a substantial difference?
- Have you requested feedback after receiving an unsuccessful email?
Feedback is crucial, so you can evolve your job search and avoid doing the wrong thing over, and over. Here is another blog that has helped many clients:https://theperfectresume.com.au/blogs/news/handling-unsuccessful-emails-the-perfect-resume
Undertaking a job search is like conducting a private investigation!
Leverage social media including LinkedIn to connect with prospective employers.
LinkedIn is great for finding sources of information. The best way is to search for the company, then find out who works there. Generally, all HR personnel can be found this way or even the current person in the role. If you find the person currently in the role, this is GOLD! You can message them and get insider information. Ask them about the challenges, why they are leaving etc. and who is the manager! Ask them if they had a friend who was looking for a new job, would they recommend the company?
Call the company directly.
If you say,
"Hi, can you please put me through to [name]" you will have a better call response rather than,
"Can I please speak to someone in the recruitment team or the manager."
When the customer representative asks what the reason is, tell them,
"It is a private matter, however [name] is aware of the context." Then you bypass the customer service representative. The customer service representative will tell the recruiter/hiring manager that you are calling about a private matter and that they will understand the context.
When they answer the call, say,
"Thank you [name] for taking my call. I know you are extremely busy, and I respect your time. I believe you are looking for a [insert role title] is this correct?"
They will say, "yes."
Then you can carry on with what you would ask about the position, what the challenges are etc.
- Getting past the customer service/reception is your first task.
- Putting the hiring manager/recruiter in a "Yes" mindset is your second task.
- Having a positive interaction for the first six seconds (their initial judgement time) is your third task.
- If you get them to laugh, accept your resume directly to their email or have them say your name voluntarily – they are bonus points.
Be prepared for a phone interview, at all times!
Keep a spreadsheet of the jobs you have applied for, the contact names, email addresses, whether a LinkedIn message was sent, a call was made etc. That way, you can QUICKLY use it to reorient yourself with the role the recruiter is calling about. You can also use it to follow up a recruiter a couple of days later if you don't hear anything.
Applying for a job is a painful process, it sucks, for some, being unemployed is a full-time job. We can help!
How to get those interviews!
- Review the job boards daily - Seek, Indeed, and LinkedIn are the most popular.
- Continue to apply every day! Don't give up hope!
- Call the person advertising the role and ask them questions to build a relationship.
- Connect with the company directly or recruitment agencies.
- Ask a friend or acquaintance for a referral or introduction.
- Call before and even after submitting each job.
- Review YouTube videos and Google articles to home in on your interview techniques.
- Visit the company career pages and set up new job alerts.
How can we help?
At The Perfect Resume, we help professionals with their careers full-time. The team and I all have one objective in mind, to get you a job you want! We offer the following services (and more!)
- Mock interview preparations, helping you to gain confidence! Click here to book!
- Writing general or tailoring a Cover Letter and CV to your job requirements. Send your existing resume to email@example.com for a free review.
- LinkedIn profile writing. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not alone in your job search. We can help give you the confidence you need!
The Perfect Resume | Founder
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh