The Perfect Freight Broker Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Freight Broker position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Freight Broker, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Freight Broker resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Freight Broker position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Freight Broker, you need to be acquainted with what a Freight Broker does!
Freight Brokers handle the liaison between shippers and carriers to secure transportation of goods.
Hiring Managers are looking for a service-minded Freight Broker to assist in marketing to attract new customers, pair customers with freight carriers, book orders and line carriers up for loading.
To be successful as a Freight Broker, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Freight Broker should be able to achieve high volume of new accounts and expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Freight Broker position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
• Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
• Providing customers with shipping quotes.
• Booking orders with carriers.
• Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
• Tracking status of loads.
• Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
• Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
• Updating customers on the status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
• Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• 2+ years of work experience in a similar role.
• Established book of business preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Outstanding people skills.
• Proficient negotiating skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Freight Brokers.