The Perfect Agency Manager Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Agency Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process; however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager is looking for an Agency Manager, they search for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Agency Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Agency Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Agency Manager, you need to be acquainted with what an Agency Manager does!
Agency Managers handle the supervision and coordination aspects of an agency.
Hiring Managers are looking for a driven Agency Manager to assist in identifying weaknesses and drawing up improvement plans, set and meet monthly targets, and liaise with clients to ensure improved service and product delivery. You should communicate any performance concerns to management and make recommendations.
To be successful as an Agency Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Agency Manager should achieve customer satisfaction and ensure that targets are met.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Agency Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about the candidate's needs daily. Such as:
• Recruiting, screening, and training new agents.
• Analyzing performance and drawing up action plans.
• Establishing solid relationships with staff and clients.
• Ensuring all staff exercise good time management.
• Obeying agency regulations, guidelines, and policies and ensuring staff do the same.
• Researching current industry/market trends and using knowledge for business improvement.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, management, HR or similar.
• 3-5 years of agency experience (managerial experience advantageous).
• Good leadership and people skills.
• Excellent time management.
• Great networking abilities.
• Ability to work on different projects simultaneously.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Agency Managers.