The Perfect Claims Specialist Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Claims Specialist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Claims Specialist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Claims Specialist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Claims Specialist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Claims Specialist, you need to be acquainted with what a Claims Specialist does!
Claims Specialists handle the claims and business insurance.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly-analytical Claims Specialist to assist in processing claims, negotiating settlements, verifying insurance coverage, and reviewing insurance cases.
To be successful as a Claims Specialist, you should have knowledge of necessary Insurance procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Claims Specialist should be able to achieve professional level of claims processing and possess in-depth knowledge of the latest policies and regulations in the insurance industry.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Claims Specialist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Analysing and investigating complicated insurance claims to help prevent fraud.
• Performing detailed site inspections.
• Providing well-informed court testimonies.
• Reviewing and processing new claims reports and court verdicts.
• Upholding relationships and communication with insurance departments and clients.
• Organising and presenting claim review plans.
• Negotiating settlements.
• Resolving claims in a timely manner.
• Staying up-to-date on local, state and federal law changes in the insurance field.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• A minimum of 3 years’ in a similar position.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent knowledge of the latest local, state and federal insurance-related policies.
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good understanding of insurance claims negotiation and settlement techniques.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Claims Specialists.