The Perfect Compliance Manager Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Compliance Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Compliance Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Compliance Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Compliance Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Compliance Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a Compliance Manager does!
Compliance Managers handle the company's policies and procedures and how they comply with regulatory and ethical standards.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly analytical Compliance Manager to assist in performing regular audits, implementing company policies, and designing control systems.
To be successful as a Compliance Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Compliance Manager should be able to achieve in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations and ensure business operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Compliance Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Developing and implementing company policies and regulations.
• Overseeing business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures.
• Designing and monitoring control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies.
• Regularly assessing the efficiency of control systems and recommending effective improvements.
• Reviewing and evaluating company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
• Coordinating with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
• Performing periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
• Leading employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
• Supervising compliance officers and team.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, or relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a compliance officer, compliance manager, or similar position.
• Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
• An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Compliance Managers.