The Perfect Compliance Officer Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Compliance Officer position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Compliance Officer, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Compliance Officer resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Compliance Officer position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Compliance Officer, you need to be acquainted with what a Compliance Officer does!
Compliance Officers handle the company functions in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business goals.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly analytical, motivated and experienced Compliance Officer to assist in developing compliance programs, reviewing company policies, and advising management on possible risks.
To be successful as a Compliance Officer, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Compliance Officer should be able to achieve an effective legal compliance program and resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Compliance Officer position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Developing and reviewing company policies.
• Advising management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
• Creating and managing effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
• Regularly auditing company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
• Assessing company operations to determine compliance risk.
• Ensuring all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management, or a related field.
• 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role.
• Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
• Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
• Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Compliance Officers.