The Perfect Customer Service Supervisor Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Customer Service Supervisor position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Customer Service Supervisor resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Customer Service Supervisor position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Customer Service Supervisor, you need to be acquainted with what a Customer Service Supervisor does!
Customer Service Supervisors handle the company’s service staff performance, including investigating and solving product and service complaints.
Hiring Managers are looking for a customer-focused, motivated and technically savvy Customer Service Supervisor to assist in growing and implementing standards and processes, maintaining documentation such as correspondence and operational records, and communicating promotional offers to customers..
To be successful as a Customer Service Supervisor, you should have knowledge of necessary call center and customer service procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Customer Service Supervisor should be able to achieve customer satisfaction and build a strong team and shape staff behaviors to accomplish desired results.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Customer Service Supervisor position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Overseeing and assessing customer service staff activities, and providing them with regular performance-related feedback.
• Strategizing and monitoring the daily activities of customer service operations.
• Assisting customer service staff with duties where required.
• Training staff in areas of customer service and company policies.
• Managing cashier coverage and customer flow to ensure proficient customer service.
• Monitoring and authenticating returns, exchanges, and voids.
• Investigating and solving customer service complaints.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of service policies, and explaining these to staff and customers.
• Maintaining documentation pertaining to customer service department activities.
• Performing additional duties where needed.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• 2+ years of work experience in a similar position.
• Proficient knowledge of customer service, and standard office practices and procedures.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Proficient standard office equipment skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong people skills.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Available to work shifts.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Customer Service Supervisors.