The Perfect Customer Support Executive Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Customer Support Executive position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Customer Support Executive, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Customer Support Executive resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Customer Support Executive position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Customer Support Executive, you need to be acquainted with what a Customer Support Executive does!
Customer Support Executives handle the team of customer support representatives, including ensuring the team is adequately trained to promote excellent customer service.
Hiring Managers are looking for a customer-focused, motivated and experienced Customer Support Executive to assist in creating policies and procedures and overseeing the customer service provided by the team.
To be successful as a Customer Support Executive, you should have knowledge of necessary call center and customer service procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Customer Support Executive should be able to achieve customer satisfaction and a standardized level of service is maintained for all customers.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Customer Support Executive position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Managing a team of representatives offering customer support.
• Overseeing the customer service process.
• Resolving customer complaints brought to your attention.
• Creating policies and procedures.
• Planning the training and standardization of service delivery.
• Selecting and hiring new staff.
• Monitoring the work of individual representatives and of the team.
• Conducting quality assurance surveys with customers and providing feedback to the staff.
• Possessing excellent product knowledge to enhance customer support.
• Maintaining a pleasant working environment for your team.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• A bachelor’s degree in administration or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Knowledge of CRM systems.
• Computer skills.
• Knowledge of mediation and conflict resolution techniques is preferable.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Customer Support Executives.