The Perfect Delivery Driver Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Delivery Driver position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Delivery Driver, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Delivery Driver resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Delivery Driver position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Delivery Driver, you need to be acquainted with what a Delivery Driver does!
Delivery Drivers handle the package transport from businesses to residential and commercial addresses.
Hiring Managers are looking for a reliable Delivery Driver to assist in transporting items in a safe, timely manner.
To be successful as a Delivery Driver, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Delivery Driver should be able to achieve high level of customer satisfaction and adhere to assigned routes and time schedules.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Delivery Driver position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
• Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
• Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
• Accepting payments for delivered items.
• Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
• Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
• Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
• Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
• Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Valid driver's license issued by the state where you intend to work.
• Clean driving record.
• Special licenses may be required to operate certain vehicles.
• Experience may be required or preferred.
• Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
• Strong time management and customer service skills.
• Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
• Attention to detail.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Delivery Drivers.