The Perfect Dental Insurance Coordinator Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Dental Insurance Coordinator position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Dental Insurance Coordinator, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Dental Insurance Coordinator resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Dental Insurance Coordinator position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Dental Insurance Coordinator, you need to be acquainted with what a Dental Insurance Coordinator does!
Dental Insurance Coordinators handle the dental practice and serves as an intermediary between the patient and the insurance company.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised Dental Insurance Coordinator to assist in verifying patient health insurance benefits, communicating with patients, and processing insurance payments.
To be successful as a Dental Insurance Coordinator, you should have knowledge of necessary Insurance procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Dental Insurance Coordinator should be able to achieve completed and up to date patient database and process accurate insurance claims.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Dental Insurance Coordinator position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Verifying the patient’s health insurance benefits.
• Explaining insurance benefits to patients.
• Entering data using dental practice management software.
• Generating reports for all activities.
• Posting payments made by patients.
• Following up on non-paid insurance claims.
• Managing late payments and overdue accounts.
• Processing insurance payments and refunds.
• Uploading completed insurance verification forms.
• Monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to confirm payment from clients and insurance companies.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Minimum of 2 years in a dentist office environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient with data entry.
• Experience in dental practice management software.
• Microsoft Office experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of dental procedures and insurance billing codes.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Dental Insurance Coordinators.