The Perfect Digital Strategist Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Digital Strategist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process; however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager is looking for a Digital Strategist, they search for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Digital Strategist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Digital Strategist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Digital Strategist, you need to be acquainted with what a Digital Strategist does!
Digital Strategists handle the digital assets, raise brand awareness, collaborate on marketing campaigns, lead digital activation projects, and measure digital channels' efficiency and effectiveness.
Hiring Managers are looking for a deadline-driven and skilled Digital Strategist to assist them in analysing user experience data. You will play a pivotal role in growing our business, customer base and improving user experience. Ideal candidates for this position should be innovative and web and multimedia savvy. Ultimately, the outstanding Digital Strategist should have a firm grasp of the various digital touchpoints, steer our organisation's digital narrative, and drive highly effective digital campaigns.
To be successful as a Digital Strategist, you should know necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Digital Strategist should be able to drive highly effective digital campaigns and Optimise SEO.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Digital Strategist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
- Evaluating and implementing improvements on digital strategy. Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends.
- Creating an integrated and cost-effective digital system.
- Driving value for the organisation.
- Analysing and reporting on digital campaigns.
- Analysing customer and user data.
- Engaging with clients, sales teams, and management.
- Mapping out how digital assets will be optimised for business results.
- Defining and actioning digital events.
The Digital Strategist position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
- Degree in advertising, marketing, communication science or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- Thorough understanding of digital touchpoints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Insightful and perceptive.
- Business knowledge.
- Knowledge of web analytics.
- Possess broad knowledge of best digital practices.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Digital Strategists.