The Perfect Email Marketing Specialist Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Email Marketing Specialist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process; however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist, they search for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Email Marketing Specialist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Email Marketing Specialist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Email Marketing Specialist, you need to be acquainted with what an Email Marketing Specialist does!
Email Marketing Specialists handle the initiatives which are designed to spread knowledge about particular offerings by companies.
Hiring Managers are looking for a sharp and innovative Email Marketing Specialist to conduct market research to comprehend prevailing consumer behaviours better.
To be successful as an Email Marketing Specialist, you should know necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Email Marketing Specialist should create accessible, engaging, and memorable texts and ensure maximum uptake of offerings.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Email Marketing Specialist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate needs daily. Such as:
- Conducting market research to comprehend prevailing consumer behaviours better.
- Reviewing our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Creating well-written copy that is free from mistakes.
- Collaborating with graphic designers to improve the appearance layout of outputs.
- Maintaining a database of customers who have opted to receive our correspondence.
- Distributing emails through the use of automation software.
- Monitoring and reporting on the utility of each campaign.
The Email Marketing Specialist position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
- Degree in marketing management, advertising, communications, or similar.
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
- Prior database management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent automation and performance evaluation software.
- Excellent project management skills are specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and grit.
- Willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed as needed.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Email Marketing Specialists.