The Perfect Enrollment Specialist Resume Writing TipsDo you want to apply for an Enrollment Specialist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Enrollment Specialist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Enrollment Specialist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Enrollment Specialist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Enrollment Specialist, you need to be acquainted with what an Enrollment Specialist does!
Enrollment Specialists handle the school's applications, student information, and eligibility for programs or courses.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised Enrollment Specialist to assist in assessing applications, handling documentation, collecting information, entering data and providing customer service.
To be successful as an Enrollment Specialist, you should have knowledge of necessary education procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Enrollment Specialist should be able to achieve a high standard of accuracy and maintain meticulous records.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Enrollment Specialist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Handling questions, issues and providing detailed information on requirements, processes, and policies.
• Collecting information and qualifying candidates for programs, services or courses.
• Ensuring that applications are completed correctly and that the required supporting materials have been provided.
• Entering, updating and reviewing data and records.
• Providing guidance and recommendations to applicants and prospective candidates.
• Corresponding with applicants and prospective candidates.
• Processing enrollments and dis-enrollments.
• Assisting with billing and payment processing.
• Conducting information sessions.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Degree preferred.
• Experience in the relevant field.
• Customer service experience is beneficial.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of database and relevant software programs.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Enrollment Specialists.