Do you want to apply for an Executive Recruiter position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Executive Recruiter, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Executive Recruiter resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Executive Recruiter position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Executive Recruiter, you need to be acquainted with what an Executive Recruiter does!
Executive Recruiters handle the sourcing and appointment of people to fill designated posts within companies.
Hiring Managers are looking for a resourceful and compassionate Executive Recruiter to assist in advertising job postings, gathering applications, and headhunting prospective employees. You will also issue job offers and oversee the orientation of newly-employed incumbents, ensuring that incumbents are adequately oriented and trained upon their arrival.
To be successful as an Executive Recruiter, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Executive Recruiter should be able to achieve a high level of attraction of top talent and streamline the recruiting process to ensure that suitable candidates are appointed within the appropriate time frames.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Executive Recruiter position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Advertising vacancies on all major job posting sites, and on our social media platforms.
• Collecting and reviewing applications to shortlist candidates.
• Conducting background checks to ensure that candidates are fit for appointment.
• Contacting applicants' nominated referees to ascertain their work ethic and experience.
• Meeting with and interviewing shortlisted individuals.
• Consulting with members of the applicable team to obtain their input on potential hires.
• Selecting the most suitable candidates and providing them with job offers.
• Scheduling training and orientation for new employees.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Degree in industrial and organizational psychology, human resource management, or similar.
• Extensive recruitment experience.
• Familiarity with pertinent recruiting software and tools.
• Highly organized and thorough.
• Discerning, with top-notch decision-making skills.
• Excellent desktop research skills.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Empathic and helpful, but firm.
• Committed to furthering our company's reach.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Executive Recruiters.