The Perfect Fleet Manager Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Fleet Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Fleet Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Fleet Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Fleet Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Fleet Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a Fleet Manager does!
Fleet Managers handle the logistics needs of a company.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised Fleet Manager to assist in purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries, registering and licensing vehicles and finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
To be successful as a Fleet Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Fleet Manager should be able to achieve high performing team and ensure operational efficiency.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Fleet Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
• Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles.
• Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
• Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
• Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
• Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
• Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
• Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
• Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
• Complying with U.S. Department of Transport laws and regulations.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Degree in logistics or accounting.
• 2+ years in a logistics role.
• Experience in the transportation industry.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
• Quantitative ability.
• Attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Fleet Managers.