Do you want to apply for a HRIS Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a HRIS Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a HRIS Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a HRIS Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a HRIS Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a HRIS Manager does!
HRIS Managers handle the employee data, HR-related reports, system upgrades, and data integrity.
Hiring Managers are looking for a talented and analytical HRIS Manager to assist in processing employee data, preparing reports, and developing data processing systems.
To be successful as a HRIS Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing HRIS Manager should be able to achieve compliance with labor regulations and possess in-depth knowledge of HR-related software and databases.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The HRIS Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Supervising the day-to-day activities of our HR information systems.
• Recording and process employee information including annual leave, salaries and working hours.
• Supporting management on structural policy matters related to the HRIS.
• Maintaining data integrity in systems by regularly analysing data.
• Working alongside the IT department to perform regular assessments and improvements to the HRIS.
• Designing user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation.
• Overseeing all system upgrades and system additions in partnership with the Informingation Technology (IT) department.
• Ensuring all HR-related systems are compliant with data protection laws.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor's degree in human resource management or relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an HRIS manager position.
• Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
• Practical experience with HR database administration, including payroll systems.
• Good communication and organisational skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their HRIS Managers.