The Perfect Image Consultant Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Image Consultant position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Image Consultant, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Image Consultant resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Image Consultant position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Image Consultant, you need to be acquainted with what an Image Consultant does!
Image Consultants handle the personal or professional images of a client.
Hiring Managers are looking for a self-assured and influential Image Consultant to assist in evaluating, enhancing and upgrading their client’s appearance, behavior and communication skills to ensure that their image is consistent with their personal or professional goals.
To be successful as an Image Consultant, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Image Consultant should be able to achieve a keen eye for detail with the latest fashion trends and inspire confidence in a variety of clients.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Image Consultant position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Scheduling comprehensive initial meetings with clients to ascertain their personal and professional goals.
• Assessing, improving and transforming the client’s image, behavior, and communication skills that will distinguish them from the crowd.
• Engaging with corporate clients through professional brand coaching and projects.
• Initiating and facilitating corporate seminars and workshops based on the organization's professional goals.
• Promoting the client through articles and write-ups via newspapers, magazines, social media, and other appropriate forums.
• Engaging in active networking in order to build a solid client base.
• Counselling and coach clients with purposeful advice that contributes to a positive transformation of their personal or professional image.
• Methodically transferring image information through an environment that facilitates the most efficient and effective learning.
• Aspiring to create images that are authentic, suitable, appealing, and sustainable.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• A certificate in image consultancy (essential).
• A certificate in hair and beauty studies, fashion design, or cosmetic science (highly advantageous).
• A certificate in business studies or related (highly advantageous).
• 2 years of experience as an image consultant representing both personal and professional portfolios.
• Must be patient with the ability to think outside the box.
• Influential leader who exudes confidence and pays attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills.
• Flair for fashion and modern trends.
• Highly organized with the ability to work according to schedules.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Image Consultants.