The Perfect Industrial Maintenance Technician Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Industrial Maintenance Technician position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Industrial Maintenance Technician, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Industrial Maintenance Technician resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Industrial Maintenance Technician position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you need to be acquainted with what an Industrial Maintenance Technician does!
Industrial Maintenance Technicians handle the nstall, repair and maintain of industrial machinery.
Hiring Managers are looking for a skilled Industrial Maintenance Technician to assist in working in manufacturing plants or small factories where they ensure the smooth running of in-house production equipment.
To be successful as an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Industrial Maintenance Technician should be able to achieve smooth operation of machinery and mechanical equipment and troubleshoot equipment breakdowns.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
• Installing new production equipment.
• Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
• Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
• Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
• Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
• Fabricating parts for repairs and machine upgrades.
• Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
• Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area.
• Preparing and submitting maintenance reports.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar field.
• Previous work experience as an industrial maintenance technician.
• In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance.
• Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems.
• Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Basic computer and report writing skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Industrial Maintenance Technicians.