The Perfect Landscape Architect Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Landscape Architect position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Landscape Architect, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Landscape Architect resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Landscape Architect position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Landscape Architect, you need to be acquainted with what a Landscape Architect does!
Landscape Architects handle the plan, design and supervision of the development of a wide range of external spaces.
Hiring Managers are looking for a hands-on and artistic Landscape Architect to assist in combining artistic skills with practicality to ensure the landscape is both beautiful and functional.
To be successful as a Landscape Architect, you should have knowledge of necessary design and architecture procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Landscape Architect should be able to achieve client specification and project budgets.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Landscape Architect position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Creating rough drawings and more sophisticated plans with computer-aided design (CAD) programs.
• Analysing complex environmental reports and using the knowledge gained in designs/plans.
• Providing recommendations on conservation and sustainability issues.
• Drawing up reports and contracts.
• Writing proposals and presenting them to clients.
• Liaising with fellow architects, project managers, engineers, and surveyors.
• Speaking to locals and community members to gain insight.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor's or master's degree in landscape architecture.
• Evidence of continuing education would be advantageous.
• A relevant license.
• Practical experience with CAD software.
• Good creative flair and imagination.
• The ability to respond well to feedback.
• The ability to understand written and verbal specifications.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Landscape Architects.